PVIS PTSA MISSION & GOALS
The PVIS PTSA works with local, state and national efforts to support students at numerous levels. Our main goal is to advocate for the education, health, safety and well-being of all children. Ways in which we accomplish this goal is to:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community
- To raise the standards of home life
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
Bring Out The Best at PVIS!
Palos Verdes Intermediate School is a leader in education and educational programming. The PVIS PTSA is committed to providing top-notch programs for our students. We work hard to promote and practice inclusiveness and foster positive outcomes for every child. We also work to inform, engage and empower our members and the public on issues concerning PVIS children and families. By increasing our PTSA membership at PVIS, we strengthen the voice for all children in our State through advocacy and legislative initiatives. We hope you will JOIN US and become a member to help us meet these goals.
PVIS PTSA SUPPORTS!
THE PVIS PTSA supports many events and activities during the school year!
Parent donations help to ensure the PVIS PTSA can continue the support annually!
SUPPLIES, EQUIPMENT & TECHNOLOGY UPGRADES
- Classroom Supplies
- Elective Wheel Supplies
(Art, Chef, Journalism, STEM)
- PE & Dance Equipment & Supplies
- Technology for the Classrooms & Labs
- Classroom & Facilities Upgrades
- Disaster Drills, Safety & Preparedness Supplies
(e.g. lockers, water filling stations, electronic equipment, school furniture)
- Educational Field Trips
(One field trip per grade)
- Buses for Field Trips
(One roundtrip per grade)
- Transportation for Foreign Language Class
(Bussing for one trip per year per language)
- Reflections Art Program
- School Garden
- Art at Your Fingertips
- Math Club
- Legislative Advocacy at the Local / State Levels
- Student Mental Health Awareness Programs
- Red Ribbon Week Activities
- Yellow Ribbon Week Activities
- WEB - Character Development Program
PARENT & TEACHER EDUCATION
- All Pro Dad
- Teacher Grants
- Parent Education Nights
- Teacher Education & Training
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Lunches
*Special Note: Due to Covid-19 uncertainty and the consequential effects on PTA events and programming for the 2020-21 school year, the PTA has elected to reduce suggested donation amounts this year. Our wish is that these reductions in suggested donation amounts make these uncertain times easier on you and your family to participate.
PVIS THANKS YOU!
We Appreciate Every Member and All Donations!
Thanks to the support of our generous parent community, PTSA has been able to purchase the following capital improvements in the past years:
- Refurbishment of the Library Media Center
(new paint, new furniture, shelving & seating and reconfigure space, new flooring)
- Refurbishment of the MPR
(new paint, seating and more!)
- Heat Safe Science Tables
- Weather System for the Garden
(for students to monitor weather patterns)
- Upgrades to the STEM Lab
(New STEM Tables and Laptop for the STEM Lab)
- TV Monitor for the Front Office
(for announcements and important school information)
WE THANK YOU!
Any donations made to the Palos Verdes Intermediate School PTSA through the
Striving for Academic Excellence campaign is a tax-deductible donation as permissible by law.
PVIS PTSA does not provide any goods or services for your donations.
Palos Verdes Intermediate School PTSA is a tax exempt, non-profit organization
as described in Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. EIN# 33-0466231.